Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Journals

Journal prompts

This part reminds me of when ...
I predict ...
I wish the author ...
If I could change one part ...
I think ...
I was surprised when ...
I wonder why ... or what...
The most important thing(s) I learned ...
I didn't understand ...
My favourite ...
I noticed ...
I liked (or disliked, or was bothered by) the part ...
I think (a character) will ...
If I were (a character) I would ...
The setting ...
As I was reading, I was thinking about ...

Journals:

from Guiding Readers and Writers, Grades 3-6, Fountas and Pinnel, 2001
These authors have 2 chapters devoted to reading response journals including different types of journals with specific student samples, teacher lessons and teacher comments. A minimum is presented below.
a. I question the accuracy of ...

b. I found this book hard to follow when ...
c. The title of this book says to me ...
d. This book helped me to ...
e. This book makes me want to ...
f. After the book ends, I predict ...
g. I noticed that the author ...
h. I think the illustrations ...
i. The author is qualified to write this book because ...
j. To summarize the text, I would say ...
k. I'd like to read another book by this author because ...
The most important word in this book is ____ because ...
l. The big ideas in this book were ...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...