Kiwi Gardens adventure! - After this, we came home for lunch, and then went back outdoors!
8 hours ago
|Journal prompts || |
| This part reminds me of when ... |
I predict ...
I wish the author ...
If I could change one part ...
I think ...
I was surprised when ...
I wonder why ... or what...
The most important thing(s) I learned ...
| I didn't understand ... |
My favourite ...
I noticed ...
I liked (or disliked, or was bothered by) the part ...
I think (a character) will ...
If I were (a character) I would ...
The setting ...
As I was reading, I was thinking about ...
1. Choose the Text for Questioning.
2. Introduce the Strategy.
3. Model Thinking Aloud
4. Mark the Text with Stick-on Note
5. Allow Time for Guided Practice.
From the MCPS Literacy Guide.
- Strategies good readers use.
- How to read books (how to hold, open, turn pages, how to treat books, read illustrations).
- Choosing books.
- Using soft voices to read aloud.
- Pointing to the words while reading.
- Noticing interesting words.
- Noticing the dedication.
- What the author does to make the reader laugh or feel sad.
- How illustrations help the reader.
- Why the author wrote the book.
- How characters change.
- How characters are described.
- Comparing characters.
- Finding point of view.
- Defining the features of a particular genre.
- How the setting affects the story.
- What makes a good beginning to a story.
- What makes a good ending to a story.
- How to find the mood of a story.
| I began to think... || I love the way... || I can't believe... || I wonder why... |
| I noticed.... || I think.... || I observed... || I wonder... |
| If I were.... || I'm not sure... || I felt sad when... || I like the way the author... |
| I wish that ... || This made me think of ... || I was surprised... || It seems like... |
| I'm not sure... || This story teaches... || I began to think of ... || |
What multiculturalism means in terms of:Music: different eras, kinds of instruments, types of music, analyse the difference between secular December songs and Christmas carols, songs of other religious groups: dreydle song, Wassail Songs [Medieval practices] etc.
Multiculturalism:What is it really about?
What does the word multiculturalism mean to you
Do you support a multiculturalism policy? Why or why not?
What are some of the negative aspects of racism?
How do you think we can eliminate racism?
Think of as many ways as possible.